Neuroscience Nurse Stroke Symposium
National Nurses Day, Monday May 6, 2019
FantaSea One Yacht * Dock 52 / 13552 Fiji Way, Marina Del Rey, CA 90292
SEE A NURSE? THANK A NURSE!
Site design by Nye & Foster
Hello and Welcome ... to my Operation:Scrubs neuroscience nurses symposium website which, for the next two months, is currently being revised in preparation for Operation:Scrubs II.
If you're a first-time visitor, or unaware of the inaugural May 6, 2019 event ("Scrubs I " as it's now being referred) was -- in many ways -- a tremendous success! One of those "many ways" includes the amazing support received by our event sponsors, vendors and volunteer staff indicated in the left margin of this page.
But don't just take my word for it, click on this Survey Monkey link and read what attending nurses had to say about it. You can also click on the MEDIA BUZZ + button on the side of this page for pictures, media coverage and other event details.
I expect to have Preliminary details regarding Operation: Scrubs II (okay, 'Scrubs II') online by July 1, 2019. What I can tell you now is:
- The event date is expected to be Wednesday, May 6, 2020, National Nurses Day.
- That "Priority Early Registration" will open on August 1, 2019, with symposium/post-event harbor dinner cruise capacity be limited to 125 invitations.
- The event will again off 8 or 8.5 hours of BRN CEU credit
- Additional invitations will be offered for the post-event harbor dinner cruise/National Nurses Day celebration but I don't know how many.
- Regarding both, registration will be on a first-come basis.
- Yes, if the event sells out, there will be a short waiting list available.
- This website will remain active until the new site is ready. Thereafter, it can still be accessed using the new site's "Archives" button. Pages on this site being replaced or revised will be identified as "Under Development."
As the Survey Monkey results indicate, Operation:Scrubs' curriculum, featured speakers, our stroke survivor panel, venue and food all received high marks. While not included in the official S/M scores, personal comments and emails about the post-event harbor dinner cruise and National Nurses Celebration also receive high marks.
Examples of what's being discussed for Operation:Scrubs II but not yet decided are:
- Online registration for those who are unable to attend.
- A multi-day event with different invitees, education, celebration, recreational activities
- Pamela Jane Nye Neuroscience Nursing Scholarship Presentations
- An "Official Hotel" (or "Hotels") offering discount lodging and to/from venue transportation.
- More "swag" gives for attending nurses
As before, Operation:Scrubs staff and symposium presenters are volunteers. Event's audited net proceeds will annually replenish the Pamela Jane Nye Neuroscience Scholarship Fund established and administered through the American Heart/Stroke Association Donor Advised Fund program. Scholarships are available to nurses seeking advanced neuroscience education.
Regarding other symposiums I'll be conducting, please visit my https//neurosciencenursing.org website for curriculum, date, time and location details.
Lastly (for now) if you'd like to receive "as it develops" emails about Operation:Scrubs,
including an advance registration reminder, use this Keep Me Posted link to sign-up.
Looking forward to seeing some Scrubs I alumni, along with a whole 'boat-load' of
new faces. So, until next time ...
*Pamela Jane Nye, RN, MS, CNS-BC, CNRN, SCRN, ENLS / President / CEO
1335 Palisades Drive, Pacific Palisades, CA, 90272
800-627-6156 Ext. 802 * www.neurosciencenursing.org
Sponsors, Vendors, and Contributors include:
* Neuroscience Nursing, Ltd
* FantaSea Yacht, Inc.
* Strategic Partners, Inc. +
Cherokee Uniform Company
Dickies Medical Uniforms
* TCL North America/TCLcares
* American Heart Association/
American Stroke Association
* All Of The Above Events / DJ
* Asdruval A/V & Party Rentals
* Centre for Neuro Skills
* Concord DT Printing
* Portola Pharmaceuticals
* UCLA Health
* WCNi News Service