2nd Annual Nurse Symposium & Celebration
National Nurses Week, May 6-12, 2020
FantaSea One Yacht * Dock 52
13552 Fiji Way, Marina Del Rey, CA 90292
Operation Scrubs, Inc. is a non-profit nurse and public education organization
Site design by Nye & Foster
Operation Scrubs and "See a Nurse? Thank a Nurse!" are registered and law-protected marks. Use, in whole or in part without expressed written consent by Operation Scrubs, Inc. is un-lawful and prohibited. All Rights Reserved.
OPERATION SCRUBS: Educating, Honoring, Thanking and Promoting Nurses:"The Unsung Heroes of Healthcare!"
2020 plans I'm able to share with you now include:
- Operation Scrubs 2 dates are May 6 - 12, 2020 (National Nurses Week)
* Three symposium days are reserved for Neurology, Medical/Surgical and Pediatric nurses.
* Two days recognize and offer symposium education for "Unsung Hero" and "Innovator" Nurses.
* The event ends on May 12 with a special Florence "NightinGala" recognizing Daisy Award nurse
recipients and Florence Nightingale's 200th birthday celebration.
- Symposium events will again offer 8 or 8.5 hours of BRN/CEU credit.
- Symposium capacity be limited to 130 invitation; post-symposium harbor/dinner cruise capacity is 250.
- 2020 invitations include nurses from hospitals from all 50 States and U.S. Territories.
- Registration will be on a first-response basis.
- If the event sells out, there will be a short waiting list available.
- Pages on this site are being replaced or revised and identified as "Under Development" until completed.
- As before, all Operation:Scrubs staff and symposium presenters are volunteers.
- Pamela Jane Nye Neuroscience Nursing Scholarship Presentations to nurses pursuing advanced neuroscience nursing education.
- 100% of event's audited net proceeds pay for Pamela Jane Nye Neuroscience Scholarships! Funds are administered through Operation Scrubs Advanced Nurse Education Scholarship Trust and the American Heart/Stroke Association Donor Advised Fund program,
- An "Official Hotel" (or "Hotels") offering discount lodging, also shuttle transportation to/from venue.
Examples of what's being discussed for Operation:Scrubs 2 but not yet decided:
- Online symposium attendance for "sold out" dates.
- Celebration and recreational activities.
- Harbor cruise entertainment
- Event sponsors and vendors
Looking forward to seeing some of the Operation Scrubs I alumni, along with 'boat-loads' of new faces.
WEBSITE PAGES BEING UPDATED
Hello, I'm Pamela Nye and Welcome to my Operation Scrubs Nurse Symposium and Celebration website. If you're a first-time visitor, or unaware of the inaugural May 6, 2019 event ("Scrubs I") it was an "exciting and amazing success!" As a result, the event is being expanded and this website is currently being upgraded in preparation for "Scrubs 2" (2020).